Air New Zealand - a year in the air
In the past financial year:
- More than six million meals were served globally across the airline's network and more than half a million customers chose the chicken. Roast chicken with tarragon cream sauce, New Zealand roasted kumara and garden vegetables was the most popular main dish in Economy class with 530,000 portions served
- Air New Zealand travellers have a sweet tooth - with more than three times as many Cookie Time cookies served on domestic flights as savoury snacks (5.8 million cookies served vs 1.8 million savoury snacks)
- And customers munched their way through more than 14.5 million of Air New Zealand's signature lollies
- The airline poured almost eight million glasses of exclusively New Zealand wines onboard
- Customers enjoyed thousands of hours of movies, TV and audio content on the airline's inflight entertainment system. Kiwi favourite Hunt for the Wilderpeople was the most viewed film on Air New Zealand flights - seen more than 177,000 times in FY17. Moana had the highest views by month - averaging around 39,000 views per month
- Adele's track Hello was the most listened to song onboard, with around 5,500 hits each month
- Kids were kept well entertained with 142,000 activity packs
- The airline's Airpoints™ members took close to 895,000 flights using their Airpoints Dollars™
Air New Zealand General Manager Customer Experience Anita Hawthorne says it's been interesting looking back over the numbers.
"Whether it be a short domestic flight or some of the longest international sectors in the world, we pride ourselves on consistently providing our unique, Kiwi inflight service and our New Zealand-inspired menus, along with our inflight entertainment offering and other inflight amenities play a big part of that.
"It's been incredibly pleasing to see customer satisfaction scores for our inflight service and product up consistently across the board," says Ms Hawthorne.
Each year Air New Zealand operates around 176,000 flights, facilitating more than 15 million customer journeys.
Issued by Air New Zealand Public Affairs ph +64 21 747 320
About Star Alliance:
The Star Alliance network was established in 1997 as the first truly global airline alliance to offer worldwide reach, recognition and seamless service to the international traveller. Its acceptance by the market has been recognized by numerous awards, including the Air Transport World Market Leadership Award and Best Airline Alliance by both Business Traveller Magazine and Skytrax. The member airlines are: Adria Airways, Aegean Airlines, Air Canada, Air China, Air India, Air New Zealand, ANA, Asiana Airlines, Austrian, Avianca, Avianca Brazil, Brussels Airlines, Copa Airlines, Croatia Airlines, EGYPTAIR, Ethiopian Airlines, EVA Air, LOT Polish Airlines, Lufthansa, Scandinavian Airlines, Shenzhen Airlines, Singapore Airlines, South African Airways, SWISS, TAP Portugal, Turkish Airlines, THAI and United. Overall, the Star Alliance network currently offers more than 18,400 daily flights to 1,300 airports in 191 countries. Further connecting flights are offered by Star Alliance Connecting Partner, Juneyao Airlines.
For more information please visit Air New Zealand and Star Alliance and/or follow Star Alliance on Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, LinkedIn or Instagram.